Sunday, May 6, 2012

Half Way There...

Wow, where does the time go? Last post in January and now it's May - sorry folks life intervened. So here is the "Reader's Digest" condensed recap:

Recovered from surgery and back on my feet - nice war wound for the beach this summer. Passed my second anniversary at Ingersoll Rand and loving it more each day. Davidson/Cornelius is a great place to be for us during the High School years. Kids are doing great - sports, play, honor role, music, etc. I completed the first half of my grad school work with a 4.0 average - latest project is here https://sites.google.com/site/how2haiku/ and I successfully hosted one of the sessions at the East Coast Games Conference again this spring - "Game Mastering Problem Based Learning." Trudie is doing great - she is on the Cathedral School and Diocese of Raleigh team working on the new Cathedral in Raleigh and stays extremely busy juggling the rest of our lives. Our family has had its ups and downs over the past few years and we are fortunately in our up swing this year. And, to top it all off, I finished installing the hardwood floors I started last September (the week before I almost didn't make it) and the house in Raleigh is now ready to become the Sorority House for my oldest next year.

Whew! Probably missed a million things in between, but that's the short version. So what's on tap for the summer? Well, no school for me - the courses I need are unavailable this summer. That means for the first time in a long time I will be focused on actually vacationing with the family and not kind of vacationing while balancing school or work or whatever. Isaac (I.C.E. Ike) and I will be producing his music for YouTube airing and working on his track skills. Darby is doing theater in GA and starting cheer leading for the high school when she joins us out here in July. Alex is directing at the theater in GA this summer! She starts her junior year in college in the fall. Trudie and I will get some well needed "us" time. We will all have our annual beach trip and plan on taking advantage of the National Whitewater Rafting Center in Charlotte. Izy and I may try to hop over to see Grammy and Grampa at Dollywood if we can coordinate our schedules.

I look forward to writing more this summer. Hope to not have four months go by the next time.

- Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment