- Heidi Zdrojeski (Supervisor and Mentor) – without whose insistance I would be no more
- Dr. Steven A. Josephson, M.D. (Gastroenterology & Hepatology) – whose confidence and brilliance left me with no doubt that I was going to make it. Not to mention his diagnostic and emergency surgical skills helped me stay around long enough for the portal shunt surgery
- Dr. John Hanson (gastroenterology,transplant hepatology and internal medicine) – head of the team
- Dr. David Eagle (Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology) – his energy and diagnostic approach led to the determination of my blood, liver and spleen condition
- Dr. Lon Brian Eskind (Surgery and Liver Transplants) – no-nonsense analysis, determination and execution of the surgical strategy that ultimately saved my life
- Dr. Blair A. Wormer (Surgery) – his bedside manner and clear explanation of the procedures reduced patient and family anxiety during the surgical process
- Nurses Janet, Sean, Jessie, Matthew, Steve and many others both at Presbyterian Hospital Huntersville and Carolinas Medical Center for their care.
- Family, friends and teammates for their thoughts, prayers, rides, meals, cards, flowers and visits.
And above all, the guiding hand of God empowering us all to survive this ordeal. He truly has a plan for us (I know He does for me or else why save me again?) and I hope all of you have experienced His love and strength through my experience.